Since the 1970s, OCBC has been providing financial assistance to help bright and promising Malaysian youths in achieving their ambitions
- Malaysian citizens who have gained admission into first year undergraduate studies at public and private universities recognised by the Government of Malaysia or are at first year students of these universities;
- Minimum 7As in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM); or 5As in Unified Examination Certificate (UEC);
- Minimum 2As in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM); or GCE A-Level;
- Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.50 for Matriculation/Foundation Studies students and existing first year undergraduates;
- Holds leadership positions in extra-curricular activities, societies and clubs in school/university;
- Possesses a dynamic personality with excellent communication and critical thinking skills;
- Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship or award from any other organisations and/or institutions;
- Family household income of no more than RM 7,000 per month.
Value of Award:
- RM12,000 per year for Malaysian public university;
- RM23,000 per year for Malaysian private university
Scholars are also provided with priority internship opportunities to gain hands-on experiences by working on projects at OCBC Bank.
All candidates are required to avail themselves for employment at OCBC Bank. However, if for any reason the Bank decides this is not needed, or is unable to employ the candidate, it will duly release him or her from this requirement.
Application & Enquiries:
Obtain more information and apply online. https://www.ocbc.com.my/group/careers/scholarships.html#generic-tabs-item-1. Write an essay of 800 words on the following: “Have you been in leadership positions in school/university? If yes, what are the biggest challenges you faced and what have you learnt from it”
Send in completed application form, essay and supporting documents to the address below:
OCBC Public Scholarship MALAYSIA
OCBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad
5th Floor, Wisma Lee Rubber,
1 Jalan Melaka,
50100 Kuala Lumpur
For enquiries, email to MYScholarship@ocbc.com.
Ms Wee Hui Bieh, AFMSA, June 2019
OCBC Bank Website
This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))