A Scholarship for Singapore or international students seeking admission as a full-time candidate pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme by research at Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
A First Class Honours or Second Class (Upper Division) Honours or its equivalent
Value of Award:.
- Monthly stipend of S$2,700 for Singapore Citizens, S$2,200 for Singapore Permanent Residents and S$2,000 for international students;
- For students who pass the Ph.D. Qualifying Examination/Confirmation, the stipend may be increased to S$3,200 for Singapore Citizens, S$2,700 for Singapore Permanent Residents and S$2,500 for international students, subject to good performance in research and the attainment of required standards for courses taken;
- Annual tuition fee and the annual computer fee;
- Maximum period of the award is up to four years, subject to good performance and progress, as well as availability of research funding.
Duration of Award:
The award is tenable for one year in the first instance and is renewable subject to good progress.
There is no bond attached to the scholarship.
Research Work & Duties:
- Candidates must undertake to carry out research work at NTU as directed by the Chair of the School concerned.
- Candidates will be required to assist School in teaching duties for three hours a week. There will be no remuneration.
- Candidates may be appointed to assist in academic or administration work not exceeding 10 hours of work per week. There may or may not be any remuneration.
Application & Enquiries:
Apply for the scholarship when filling in application form for admission. Complete the “Application for Scholarship” section in the application form. Further information is available at http://admissions.ntu.edu.sg/graduate/scholarships/Pages/ResearchScholarship.aspx
There are two intakes each year – August or January. For August intake, application period is 1 Oct. -31 Jan. ( 15 Nov. deadline for School of Humanities and Social Sciences; and Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information ); for January intake, application period is 1 June – 31 July ( for all schools ).
Ms Wee Hui Bieh, AFMSA, Nov. 2016
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore website
This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))