This is a scholarship/loan for Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) school leavers to pursue higher education at top universities in UK and US. . Students will undergo foundation studies before continuing at undergraduate level in these countries.
Fields of Study:
- Technology (Biotechnology, Nanotechnology, Neurotechnology, Green Technology, Digital
- Technology), Agriculture & Forestry, Biological Sciences, Computer Science, Economics & Econometrics, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences, Mineral & Mining
- Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering.
Institutions of Study:
Foundation Studies at Kolej Yayasan UEM (KYUEM, Lembah Beringin) for 2 years before proceeding to top UK/US universities as listed on QS World University Rankings/THE World University Rankings
- Malaysian aged 18 years old (19 years with Remove class) or below on 31 December 2018;
- Open to students from government schools, special schools, private schools and individual SPM candidates;
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with 9A’s in Bahasa Melayu, History, English, Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and 2 other subjects;.
- Good health;
- Not receiving any other financial assistance/sponsorship from other agencies for the same course.
Value of Award & Conditions:
This is a loan which can be converted to scholarship based on the following conditions:
- Full scholarship for candidates who serve the Malaysian Public Service Department on completion of studies;
- 25% repayment for candidates who serve Government linked companies on completion of studies;
- 50% repayment for candidates who serve the private sector in Malaysia on completion of studies;
- Full repayment for candidates who do not fulfil any of the above conditions.
Candidates who fail to gain admission at top UK/US universities will be channelled to study locally under the sponsorship of Public Service Department.
Application & Enquiries:
For more information and online application, log on to http://esilav2.jpa.gov.my/. For enquiries, please tel: 03-8885 3297. Short-listed candidates will be called to attend a competency assessment.
Ms Wee Hui Bieh, AFMSA, Mar. 2019
Public Service Department website
This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))