This is a scholarship/loan for Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) school leavers to pursue higher education in Japan, Korea, France, Germany, China, UK and US. Students will undergo foundation studies before continuing at diploma or undergraduate level in these countries.
Fields of Study (Japan, Korea, France, Germany & China):
Science & Technology; Engineering; Social Science.
Fields of Study (UK & US):
Technology (Biotechnology, Nanotechnology, Neurotechnology, Digital Technology), Biological Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science (limited to Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Data Sciences), Economics & Econometrics, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences, Aerospace Engineering.
- Malaysian aged 18 years old (19 years with Remove class) or below;
- Sat for Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) for the first time in 2019 with A’s in relevant subjects based on chosen course and country of study;
- Good health;
- Parents are not black-listed or in litigation with the Public Service Department;
- Not receiving any other financial assistance/sponsorship from other agencies for the same course.
For UK and US scholarships, it is open to students from government schools, special schools, private schools and individual SPM candidates and students proceed to top UK/US universities as listed on QS World University Rankings/THE World University Rankings. Candidates who fail to gain admission at top UK/US universities will be channelled to study locally under the sponsorship of Public Service Department.
Value of Award & Conditions:
This is a loan which can be converted to scholarship based on the following conditions:
- Full scholarship for candidates who serve the Public Service Department on completion of studies;
- 25% repayment for candidates who serve Government linked companies on completion of studies;
- 50% repayment for candidates who serve the private sector in Malaysia on completion of studies;
- Full repayment for candidates who do not fulfil any of the above conditions.
Application & Enquiries:
For more information and online application, log on to http://esilav2.jpa.gov.my/. Short-listed candidates will be called to attend a competency assessment. Enquiries can be made at 03-8885 3297/3553/3387.
Ms Wee Hui Bieh, AFMSA, Mar. 2020
Public Service Department website
This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))