This is a scholarship/loan for Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) school leavers to pursue higher education locally. Students will undergo foundation studies before continuing at undergraduate level in Malaysia.
Fields of Study:
They are based on a selected list of public and private universities and their selected courses. For public & private universities, it does not cover Education, Aviation, Nursing, Paramedical, professional and twinning programs. All professional courses have to be recognised by the relevant professional associations and for non-professional courses, the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA).
- Malaysian aged 18 years old (19 years with Remove class) or below on 31 December 2019;
- Good health;
- Sat for Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) in 2019 for the first time at any secondary schools including special schools, private schools or private candidates and obtained 9 A+s;
- Parents are not black-listed or in litigation with the Public Service Department;
- Not receiving any other financial assistance/sponsorship from other agencies for the same course.
Value of Award & Conditions:
This is a loan which can be converted to scholarship based on the following conditions:
- Full scholarship for candidates who serve the Public Service Department on completion of studies;
- 25% repayment for candidates who serve Government linked companies on completion of studies;
- 50% repayment for candidates who serve the private sector in Malaysia on completion of studies;
- Full repayment for candidates who do not fulfil any of the above conditions.
Application & Enquiries:
For more information and online application, log on to http://esilav2.jpa.gov.my/. Short-listed candidates will be called to attend a competency assessment. Enquiries can be made at 03-8885 3297/3553/3387.
Ms Wee Hui Bieh, AFMSA, Mar. 2020
Public Service Department website
This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))