This is a scholarship/loan for Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) school leavers to pursue higher education in Japan, Korea, France and Germany. Students will undergo foundation studies before continuing at diploma or undergraduate level in these countries.
Fields of Study:
Science & Technology; Social Science,
- Malaysian aged 18 years old (19 years with Remove class) or below on 31 December 2018;
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with A’s in relevant subjects based on chosen course and country of study;
- Good health;
- Considerations for poor family and active in co-curricular activities;
- Not receiving any other financial assistance/sponsorship from other agencies for the same course.
Value of Award & Conditions:
This is a loan which can be converted to scholarship based on the following conditions:
- Full scholarship for candidates who serve the Public Service Department on completion of studies;
- 25% repayment for candidates who serve Government linked companies on completion of studies;
- 50% repayment for candidates who serve the private sector in Malaysia on completion of studies;
- Full repayment for candidates who do not fulfil any of the above conditions.
Application & Enquiries:
For more information and online application, log on to http://esilav2.jpa.gov.my/. Short-listed candidates will be called to attend a competency assessment.
Ms Wee Hui Bieh, AFMSA, Mar. 2019
Public Service Department website
This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))