The Khazanah Watan Scholarship offers opportunities for talented and high-achieving Malaysians to pursue Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies at selected leading local universities. It aims to train Malaysia’s brightest talents to transform its GLCs into competitive business locally and internationally and to encourage individuals with excellent academic credentials to lead and participate in research initiatives.
Malaysians who possess strong leadership skills and active participation in extra-curricular, social or voluntary activities and meet the following requirements:
For Foundation Studies:
- A minimum of 8 As (combination of A and A+) in SPM, A or A+ in Bahasa Melayu, English, History & Mathematics, or 8 As in IGCSE;
- Not exceeding 18 years old on enrolment date for the foundation studies;
- Gained admission or currently in the first semester of a Foundation programme at;
- Pusat Asasi Sains, Universiti Malaya,
- Pusat PERMATA Pintar Negara, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia,
- International Islamic University Malaysia,
- Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Multimedia University
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional
- International Medical University, KL,
- University of Reading, Malaysia,
- University of Southampton (Malaysia Campus)
- Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia.
For Undergraduate Studies:
- Gained admission or currently in the first year of a Bachelor’s Degree programme at approved Malaysian universities (Conditional offer can be considered);
- A minimum of 3 As in STPM, or ’jayyid yidan’ for STAM, or GCE A-Levels or CGPA 3.50 / 4.00 in Pre-University/Diploma/Foundation/ Matriculation Programme or 38 points in International Baccalaureate (IB);
- Not exceeding 21 years old on enrolment date for the Bachelor’s Degree programme.
For Master’s Degree;
- Gained admission at leading Malaysian universities (Conditional offer can be considered);
- A minimum of Second Class Upper Division (UK and Australia University) or CGPA of 3.50 in Bachelor’s Degree;
- Not exceeding 40 years old on enrolment date for the Master’s degree.
- Gained admission or currently in the first year of a Doctoral Degree programme at leading Malaysian universities (Conditional offer can be considered);
- A Master Degree with a distinction or a minimum CGPA 3.50 / 4.00 or ‘A’ grade average and/or excellent examiners’ report if the Master Degree is by research;
- A minimum of Second Class Upper Division (UK and Australia University) or CGPA of 3.50 for Bachelor’s Degree;
- Not exceeding 40 years old on enrolment date for the Doctorate programme.
Value of Award:
Full scholarship including full tuition and fees, living expenses, accommodation as well as development and training support.
Recipients are required to serve Khazanah Nasional or other approved organisations for a duration equal to the study period.
Application & Enquiries:
Ms Wee Hui Bieh, AFMSA, Apr. 2018
Yayasan Khazanah official website
This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))