These are regional awards offered by the U.S. Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) for Visiting Scholars to lecture and research in the U.S. in fields related to issues that are relevant to ASEAN and central to the U.S.-ASEAN relationship.
Fields supporting ASEAN initiatives such as supporting regional economic integration, expanding maritime cooperation, promoting opportunities for women, fostering green growth, and addressing transnational challenges ( including human trafficking, climate change, sustainable fishing, wildlife trafficking, and countering violent extremism ). These fields can include: Education, Environmental Sciences, Financial Market Integration, Food Technology, Information Sciences, Journalism, Law, Political Science, Public Administration, Public/Global Health, Statistics, Trade and Investment, Trade Facilitation, and TEFL & Applied Linguistics. These programs and topics should also be of interest and relevance to the nominating country and Commission.
- ASEAN citizens who reside in their respective ASEAN countries throughout the nomination and the selection process and who will return to home country upon completion of their program in the U.S.;
- University faculty, foreign ministry and government officials, and professional staff of private sectors, think tanks and other NGOs, whose work focuses on U.S.-ASEAN issues. Applicants need to have a significant record of scholarly or professional accomplishment;
- Proficient in English;
- Good health. Applicants are required to submit a Medical History and Examination Report;
- Preference will be given to qualified applicants who have not had recent and substantial experience in the U.S.
Duration of Awards:
3-4 months. Projects begin in traditional fall/spring semesters, starting in September and ending in December.
Number of Awards:
10 qualified applicants are expected to be selected, preferably representing all 10 Members States.
Value of Awards:
- A monthly stipend for grantees, between US$ 2,710 and $ 3,145 per month, depending on city.
• One direct-flight, round-trip economy-class air ticket.
• A one-time US$1,250 Professional and Settling-in allowance.
• Qualifying university lab and research fees up to $3,000 as necessary.
• No dependent support will be available
Application & Enquiries:
For more information and online application, log on to:
For inquiries in Malaysia, please call or email at email@example.com
Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE),
18th Floor, Menara Yayasan Tun Razak,
200 Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur,
Ms Wee Hui Bieh, AFMSA, Jan. 2018
This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))