These are regional awards offered by the U.S. Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) for Visiting Scholars to lecture and research in the U.S. in fields related to issues that are relevant to ASEAN and central to the U.S.-ASEAN relationship.
Fields of Study:
Preference for lecture and research in the following areas:
Regional economic integration, expanding maritime cooperation, promoting opportunities for women, fostering green growth, and addressing transnational challenges (including human trafficking, climate change, sustainable fishing, wildlife trafficking, and countering violent extremism).
These fields can include: Education, Environmental Sciences, Financial Market Integration, Food Technology, Information Sciences, Journalism, Law, Political Science, Public Administration, Public/Global Health, Statistics, Trade and Investment, Trade Facilitation, and TEFL & Applied Linguistics. Programs and topics should be of interest and relevance to the nominating country and Commission.
- ASEAN citizens residing in respective ASEAN countries and must return to respective ASEAN countries upon completion of their program in the U.S.;
- University faculty, foreign ministry and government officials, or professionals in think tanks and other NGOs whose work focuses on U.S.-ASEAN issues with a significant record of scholarly or professional accomplishment;
- Proficient in English;
- Certification of good health;
- Preference for those who have not had recent and substantial experience in the U.S.
Period of Award:
3-4 months in the U.S.
Value of Award:
- A monthly stipend for grantees, between US$ 2,710 and $3,145 per month, depending on city;
- One direct-flight, round-trip economy-class air ticket;
- A one-time US$1,250 professional and settling-in allowance;
- Qualifying university lab and research fees up to US$3,000;
- No dependent support will be available.
Number of Awards
It is anticipated that 11 qualified applicants will be selected, representing all 10 ASEAN Members States, an additional candidate representing Vietnam, the ASEAN nation that will be the ASEAN Chair for the following year (2020).
Application & & Enquiries:
For further information, refer to http://www.macee.org.my/2019aseanvisitingscholar/.
Apply online via https://iie.embark.com/apply/visitingscholars
For enquiries, please contact:
Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE),
18th Floor, Menara Yayasan Tun Razak,
200 Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur,
Ms Wee Hui Bieh, AFMSA, Nov. 2018
Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE)
This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))