This program provides opportunities for academics to develop or update their research through interaction with distinguished counterparts in the U.S., promotes dialogue on subjects of mutual interest to Malaysia and the U.S. and to share Malaysian culture with social, civic and other groups in the U.S.
Fields of Study:
Preference will be given to the following areas of study:
- American studies
- Malaysian studies
- Islamic studies
- Issues in contemporary society
- Economics and technology transfer
- International Relations
Research in other fields of study may also be considered; less interest in supporting research in medical fields. Applicants who are prepared to add a lecturing component to their proposals are encouraged to apply.
- Malaysians with Doctoral degree or equivalent professional training or experience;
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the related field, faculty member in a higher learning institution in Malaysia and eligible for sabbatical or other leaves;
- An excellent record of achievement as indicated by quality publications and professional activities;
- Proficiency in English appropriate to proposed research/lecture project to be carried out in the U.S.;
- A detailed statement of proposed activity for research or lecturing at a U.S. institution – proposed project should contribute to the development of knowledge in candidate’s field and must be effectively investigated within the period of grant;
- Certification of good health.
Period of Award:
3-6 months of research/lecturing at the American universities (August through June).
Value of Award:
Privileges normally accorded by the home institution to its staff members on sabbatical or other leave. The program also solicits the cooperation of the U.S. host institutions which may invite grantees to conduct research / lecturing using their facilities. It will enhance the application if candidates have already examined appropriate affiliation at a U.S. institution. Cost-sharing from candidates or the home institution is encouraged.
Application & & Enquiry:
Apply online at https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/scholars/. Applicant from higher learning institutions are requested to submit their completed application forms through their Vice-Chancellor / Director, or equivalent. A letter is required from the home University / Institute stating the benefits the applicant is entitled to during the 3-6 months sabbatical or other leaves in the U.S.
For further information, please refer to: http://www.macee.org.my/2018-2019fulbright-malaysian-scholar-program/. Enquiries can be made at:
Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE),
18th Floor, Menara Yayasan Tun Razak,
200 Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur,
Ms Wee Hui Bieh, AFMSA, Oct. 2017
Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE)
This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))