The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the Canadian economic, social and research-based growth.
The objectives of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program are to:
- Attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally;
- Develop their leadership potential;
- Position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow.
Areas of Research:
Health research, natural sciences and/or engineering, social sciences and/or humanities.
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens who must fulfil or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree between September 20, 2014 and September 30, 2018 (inclusively), and before the start date of their award. More details can be found at
Host institution Eligibility:
Canadian and foreign universities, affiliated research hospitals, colleges and not-for-profit organizations with a strong research mandate and capacity.
Value & Duration of Award:
C$70,000 annually (taxable) for 2 years (non-renewable).
Number of Awards:
70 fellowships are awarded globally annually.
Emphasis on the synergy between the following:
- Applicant – individual merit and potential to launch a successful research-intensive career.
- Host institution – commitment to the research program and alignment with the institution’s strategic priorities.
An applicant must complete their application in full collaboration with the proposed host institution.
Application & Enquiries:
Ms Wee Hui Bieh, AFMSA, September 2017
High Commission of Canada, Kuala Lumpur.
This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))