This is a mid-career training program which provides future leaders and policy makers with experience in U.S. society, culture, and professional fields, thus contributing towards lasting, productive ties between Americans and their professional counterparts overseas.
A Fellow’s professional-development plan may include professional enrichment activities including professional visits, conferences, training programs and a professional affiliation ( work attachment ).
Fields & Level of Study:
Non-degree study in the U.S. in the following disciplines:
- Agricultural and Rural Development,
- Economic Development/Finance and Banking,
- Natural resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change,
- Urban and Regional Planning.
Democratic Institution Building:
- Law and human rights,
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration,
- Trafficking in Persons, Policy and Prevention,
- Technology Policy and Management,
- Human Resource Management.
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy,
- Higher Education Administration,
- Teaching of English as a foreign language.
- Public Health Policy and Management,
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention,
- Substance Abuse Education, Prevention, and Treatment.
Mid-career professional Malaysians, in good health; minimum Bachelor’s ( Hons.) degree; 5 years work experience; proficient in both spoken and written English with TOEFL score of 525 or 71 iBT; employed in public or private sector organizations or agencies with a public service orientation; and to continue employment upon return.
Period of Award:
One academic year only.
Value of Award:
Provides for international travel, tuition & fees, books & monthly maintenance stipend; limited funding for enrichment activities such as attendance at conferences and field trips and subsidy for computer purchase. Most grants are for full funding. However, cost sharing by employer/home institution is encouraged.
Application & Enquiries:
Applicants are required to complete an online application here and submit a hard copy to MACEE:
Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE),
18th Floor, Menara Yayasan Tun Razak,
200 Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur,
Ms Wee Hui Bieh, AFMSA, Aug. 2017
This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))